- Richmond Yacht Club Awarded 2019 Garrett Horder Memorial Trophy
- 2019 Burgee of Merit Awarded – Kimball Livingston
- 2019 Barusch/Castagna Regatta – May13-16 – Poulsbo Yacht Club
- 2018 Garrett Horder Memorial Trophy Winner – Westlake Yacht Club
- Rio Wins Pac52 Cup and 2018 Carr Regatta
- Call For Nominations 2018 Charles A. Langlais Trophy
- 2018 Jesse L. Carr Regatta/Pac52 Cup September 28-30 – St. Francis Yacht Club
- Horder 2018 Call for Nominations
The 2015 Garrett Horder Trophy for most innovative juniors program was awarded to Huntington Beach Sailing Foundation, the youth foundation of Huntington Harbor Yacht Club, nominated by the Association of San Pedro Bay Yacht Clubs. The Horder Trophy was presented to the Foundation at the PCYA Annual Meeting on January 16, 2016.
The 2015 winner of the Charles A. Langlais Trophy for exceptional service to the sport of yachting was awarded to Robert Ehlers, nominated by the San Diego Cruiser Association. The Langlais Trophy will be presented to Mr. Ehlers at the opening day of his club, San Diego Yacht Club, on April 17, 2016.
The Pacific Coast Yachting Association is pleased to announce the results of the Cal 20 Class Championship held August 13-16, 2015, at the Tacoma Yacht Club.
The winning team of Ronald Wood and Van Wilson of ABYC was presented with the Jesse L. Carr Captain and Crew Trophy. Results can be found at this link.
The following Officers and Directors were sworn in by Staff Commodore Cleve Hardaker: Commodore Gary Green, Vice Commodore Kate Humphreys, Rear Commodore & Treasurer Terry Van Winkle, Secretary Cindi Mathieu, and Junior Staff Commodore Bruce Campbell.
Directors Pictured: Jeanne Irwin, Robert Ehlers, Doug Hipsley (not pictured: Martha Jean Geisler and Fred Cole)
PCYA’s Jessie L. Carr Perpetual Captain and Crew Trophy was awarded for 2014 to the skipper and crew of Zephyr, a J-109 one-design boat, for their performance in this year’s Santa Barbara to King Harbor race. The winning skipper, Jack Mayer, and his crew were very honored and excited about receiving the Carr Trophy, which will be displayed at Del Rey Yacht Club.
Zephyr’s crew included (in alphabetical order):
- Peter Arpesella (main and spinnaker trimmer)
- Gregory Ball (utility/spinnaker trimmer)
- Anil Bamezai (tactician/ trimmer/alternate helm)
- Skip Korsgaard (bow)
- Michael Martinez (mast)
- Jack Mayer (skipper/helm)
- Al Noel Sansolis (pit)
- Joseph Vaughan (main trimmer)