- 2019 Barusch/Castagna Regatta – May13-16 – Poulsbo Yacht Club
- 2018 Garrett Horder Memorial Trophy Winner – Westlake Yacht Club
- Rio Wins Pac52 Cup and 2018 Carr Regatta
- Call For Nominations 2018 Charles A. Langlais Trophy
- 2018 Jesse L. Carr Regatta/Pac52 Cup September 28-30 – St. Francis Yacht Club
- Horder 2018 Call for Nominations
- Date for 2019 Barusch / Castagna Predicted Navigation Announced
- PCYA Adds New Inclusive Sailing Award
The Spring 2015 issue of PCYA’s “Pennant” is now available at this link.
The following Officers and Directors were sworn in by Staff Commodore Cleve Hardaker: Commodore Gary Green, Vice Commodore Kate Humphreys, Rear Commodore & Treasurer Terry Van Winkle, Secretary Cindi Mathieu, and Junior Staff Commodore Bruce Campbell.
Directors Pictured: Jeanne Irwin, Robert Ehlers, Doug Hipsley (not pictured: Martha Jean Geisler and Fred Cole)
We regret to announce the passing of our PCYA Vice Commodore, Fred Wieder, on Wednesday, November 19, 2014. Fred was a long time member of Silver Gate Yacht Club and the current commodore of the San Diego Cruisers Association. He was an active participant in predicted log racing and various yachting activities. A memorial service is being planned in conjunction with the PCYA annual meeting on January 17, 2015, at Silver Gate YC.
PCYA’s Jessie L. Carr Perpetual Captain and Crew Trophy was awarded for 2014 to the skipper and crew of Zephyr, a J-109 one-design boat, for their performance in this year’s Santa Barbara to King Harbor race. The winning skipper, Jack Mayer, and his crew were very honored and excited about receiving the Carr Trophy, which will be displayed at Del Rey Yacht Club.
Zephyr’s crew included (in alphabetical order):
- Peter Arpesella (main and spinnaker trimmer)
- Gregory Ball (utility/spinnaker trimmer)
- Anil Bamezai (tactician/ trimmer/alternate helm)
- Skip Korsgaard (bow)
- Michael Martinez (mast)
- Jack Mayer (skipper/helm)
- Al Noel Sansolis (pit)
- Joseph Vaughan (main trimmer)