- About PCYA
- Staff Commodores
The Barusch/Castagna Predicted Navigation Regatta
This event challenges the serious power-boater’s navigation skills in a competitive but friendly environment. Participants discover just how well they know their boat’s performance characteristics at various speeds and how well they can predict the time it will take to travel each leg of a course in a variety of marine conditions.
PCYA awards two trophies at the conclusion of this annual event. The Harry Barusch Perpetual Trophy is awarded for the best performance by an individual, while the Joseph V. Castagna Perpetual Trophy is awarded to the individual yacht club with the best overall performance by its members.
The 2013 regatta took place at Del Rey Y.C. and California Y.C., on June 27-29. The hosting associations were the Santa Monica Bay Power Fleet and the Southern California Cruisers Association. The regatta scores are listed below.
This difficult event lets participants join with other boaters in developing good piloting habits and navigation skills. At the same time, it brings people together with those who share their passion for the water.
- 2014 Barusch-Castagna Dates Announced
- 2014 Carr Regatta Dates Announced
- 2013 PCYA Carr Regatta
- July Meeting of PCYA Members
- Results of 2013 Barusch/Castagna Predicted Log Regatta
- Request for 2013 Nominees
- Notice of Meeting and 2013 Barusch/Castagna Regatta
- PCYA is pleased to welcome the Assoc. of San Pedro Bay Y.C.’s